If you are trying to have a positive mindset and work towards your goals, then you better have a look around you. Who do you hold company with? You should be holding company with people above you in success so that you can be around their positive energy and being. If all you do is hang out with buddies from school or work, you may be limiting yourself to mediocrity. If you want to be like the business woman or man making 6 to 8 figures, then you need to start watching twhat they are doing.
Ask yourself, who is doing what you want to do and doing it well? Who is your role model? Look at what they are doing and figure out their strategy. You will need to layout your plan for the next 90 days and be consistent with your steps each day.
Things that successful and influencial people are doing, that you should emulate:
- Mind feed – Reading the business section of the paper to find out what successful companies are doing and what is being written about their success. This should be at least 30 mintues per day.
- Spend time strategic thinking – thinking about how to grow your business or career horizontally and vertically. How much do you want to make each month, who are you going to do it for, and how many clients do you need to have to make that much?
- Invest in yourself and business relationships – Take on a career coach to get your map and goals down in writing and start working on the 3 – 4 steps for each goal. I start with 6 goals for the next 12 months.
- Maximize your process and procedures for consistency. Are you going to have people working for you? If so, how much time you going to spend training them and them training others?
- What does your time management look like in your business or career? Are you using tools to organize your productivity for the day, a to-do list or planner with priorites? Do you have timelines for the tasks?
- Lead conversation – who are you talking to about your business and or to advance your career? If your boss doesn’t know what you want to do, you are basically waiting on them to lead you. This is not what a good leader does, you need to lead your boss down the road you want to go and look for opportunities to get there.
- Virtual assistance – If you get so busy in your day, who is going to handle client follow-up questions, scheduling the next jobs, or making the sales calls? You may think about hiring virtual assistance so that you better use your time for growing the business.
- Define your profit indicators and know your numbers. What is your advertising doing for you, how are you performing in your career against your leader’s expectations? Do you have regular meetings and or review of the business or job indicators?
Just like you want to be developed, your people want the same. What is your development plan in the next 12 months for personal growth and what are your employees aspirations for development? As a business owner, you need to be investing in your skillset and tools to make your time management more productive and lead you to more business. As a career professional, you need to think about each year in your career as if moving up the ladder or accomplishing the goals you have set within the organization.
Then on a personal note, how do you measure up to other leaders on leadership knowledge. Are you someone your employees would aspire to be or that your co-workers would say good things about? Have you accomplished enough in the last 10 – 15 years or are you light on accomplishments. In the next 15 – 20 years, you will want to look back at your accomplishments with no regrets. Did you get done what you wanted to accomplish or are you thinking you could have done a lot more? I can tell that from personal experience as a career professional, you need to have ambitious goals for personal satisfaction. If you don’t have this, you may find yourself wishing you had just done more.
If you like my post, please like and share it because you never who may be watching and need it.
If you are interesting in learning more about mindset topics or career coaching follow-me or reach out to me.
I hope your day is productive and you are making a difference!